February 22, 2006

The Silent Dark




The Silent Dark

I exist in this tragic place
Deep within the silent dark
My soul paralyzed
With a killing fear
And frozen in time

Taking one last look
At common humanity
On the verge of extinction
With a sense of wonder
Asking myself why

Children fighting for the future
With hostile words
Concealing the truth
While learning to hate

Words of manipulation
Delivering a symbol
The sound of the soul
Reveals more than we say

Lost voices in a world of darkness
Where words have no meaning
My mind becoming a shadow
Betrayed by control
A soulful cry vanishes to a memory
© Akira Cheyenne Feathermoon

4 comments:

Akira Cheyenne Feathermoon said...

Glad you like, love...*smiles* Nice to know someone is peeking in on me from time to time.

~Akira~

Billy Jones said...

Just thought you'd want to know you made the list of 100 Blogging Poets In 100 Days-- Episode III. I hope it brings you lots of new friends and readers.

Anonymous said...

dark and deep beautiful jsut like you my sister

Anonymous said...

one of the most greatest pictures and poems ive ever seen. it reminds me of eliza death.